A Reputable Company seeks the services of a Manager of Supporter and Engagement (Full Time)
Job Title: Manager of Supporter and Engagement (Full Time)
Job Location: National Office, Greater Accra
This leader provides management and oversight to a team of professional and support staff in a broad division of Compassion's ministry carrying out various functions such as, but not limited to, production, sponsor and donor experience (from written/visual content to tours and visits), and quality assurance. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full, daily management for assigned professional staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy department objectives. The incumbent will ensure accomplishment of department responsibilities based on oversight from senior management, following established practices, organizational strategy, department guidelines, and within the approved budget. Additional accountability for full life cycle management of our donor/sponsors (from acquisition through the life of the donor/sponsor with CI). This manager leads the efforts to provide Compassion visitors with an opportunity to experience the work of Compassion in the field through meeting sponsored children and students, visiting Compassion-assisted projects, and meeting Compassion field staff; all of which provide visitors with exposure and learning opportunities that will educate them about Compassion's response to poverty, influence their cross-cultural perspective, and motivate them towards child advocacy. Further, this manager is accountable for strategic leadership and guiding what role Tours & Visits play in supporting Field Office and Compassion International (GME, GP, GPA) growth plans, helping guide prioritization decisions and providing thought leadership around the effectiveness of current practices. At the same time, this role is also accountable for ensuring the processes within Sponsor and Donor Support and Tours and Visits are working well and are improved as needed to support performance against agreed- pon cross-functional metrics.
The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately support responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Provides leadership and development to direct reports. Works with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with Compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and the expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- May manage a skilled team conducting high volumes of critical data entry in customer service environments. Ensures overall quality, accuracy, and speed of data entry in order to ensure the integrity of the organization's data assets and retains/strengthens sponsor engagement. Further ensures the highest degree of customer service and professionalism in all customer-facing interactions.
- May manage skilled teams that design and deliver various processes and material regarding the generation, organizing, recording, and tracking of child, mother-child unit and student information and correspondence documents. May also manage the production team handling the processing of a high volume of such materials.
- Manages a skilled team of associates in the quality assurance discipline. Through subordinates, leads multiple, multi-discipline quality reviews to evaluate the performance and customer service quality in relation to established expectations of the department or team. Further ensures specific findings are identified and recorded in the assessment and reports are provided for individual learning opportunities and leadership evaluation.
- Manages Tours and Visits professionals who coordinate and facilitate field exposure and outcomes for each assigned tour and visit in collaboration with Partner Countries and Marketing staff.
- Works to retain/strengthen sponsor engagement. Provides ongoing support and collaboration with the Partnership team for increased impact of Supporter Engagement services to the FCP.
Other associated responsibilities:
- Monitor the Supporter Engagement Dashboard for quick and effective decision-making.
- Facilitate the development of a robust tracking system for letters, to and from the Frontline Church Partners (FCPs).
- Collaborate with other managers and the National Leadership Team (NLT) on issues regarding the Supporter Engagement Team (SDS & Tours and Visit).
Qualification and Requirement
- Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Culture: Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "cultural behaviours" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Information Management Studies or in a related field.
- Experience: Five years’ experience working in this or similar position or field.
- Language: Must be fluent in English
- Work Environment: National Office
- Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to self-drive is desirable (must possess valid and clean driver’s license)
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of the normal schedule (This category/travel percentage reflects the percentage of time away from home overnight).
- Ability to provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
- Ability to manage one or more homogenous teams
- High-quality customer service orientation
- Effective leadership skills for at least two professional employees and/or supervisors
- Strong planning skills that adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges as well as meet short term service and/or operational objectives
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills as guided by policies and procedures
- Solid relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication skills (listening, written, spoken..)
- Proven knowledge of National Tourism regulations and tourist sites
- Demonstrated understanding of the important lateral connections of the Manager of Supporter Engagement (MSE) and the Tours and Visits Specialist (TVS)
- Proficient IT skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Compassion International Management.
Qualified applicants should forward a copy of their current CV, cover letter and references to [email protected] (indicating the position applied for in the subject line) by close of business on 30th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.