Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Circulate the annual business planning guidelines/ assumptions and provide guidance to budget holders during the planning process the plant.
- Oversee collation of budget inputs across the plant and prepare the consolidated annual budget for the plant.
- Monitor approved budget allocations by obtaining information on revenue and expenditure and reporting variances on a monthly basis.
- Drive periodic budget forecasting and recommend budget review as required.
- Develop periodic and other ad hoc budget reports, forecasts and analysis.
- Generate monthly business performance statements, noting major deviations from planned budget and risk areas and prepare variance analysis for Chief Finance Officer.
- Manage journal entries on SAP (or other system) and check with relevant documents (e.g. GRN/ SRN, invoices, etc.) to ensure uniformity of details and accuracy of postings/ reconciliations for month-end or periodic management reporting.
- Approve vouchers and journals for posting and manage reconciliation to various ledgers.
- Allocate costs for central or joint expenditure to relevant cost centers in line with the company’s cost allocation policies.
- Proffer relevant recommendations to the Chief Finance Officer on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions at the plant.
- Provide Plant Management with complete, valid, accurate and timely reports for effective decision making.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Finance Officer.
Key Requirements Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or it's equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related disciplines.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA,).
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience. Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indices and their impact on the cement business.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of IFRS, finance best practices and other applicable reporting and accounting standards.
- Proven experience in planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities.
- Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge/ experience in the use of financial systems including SAP.