- Develop an appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- Lead the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Direct and coordinate global supply chain functions through strategy, resource optimization, profitability maximization, and KPIs resulting in the maximization of customer satisfaction.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Work with warehouse, and logistics departments to determine and set up intercompany transfers.
- Work directly with the sales department to determine the most cost-effective distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers.
- Monitor and correct inventory outside warehouses and internally to ensure rotation and maximize working capital.
- Work with freight forwarders and transportation companies to set the best route and rate (review and approve all freight terms and agreements).
- Collaborate with the procurement department to determine best practices for freight in and freight consolidation.
- Member of the operations staff, responsible to routinely report on department KPIs along with appropriate analysis and counter-measures where necessary.
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent experience
- APIM Certified Production Inventory Management (CPIM)
- At least 3+ years of supply chain, logistics, or warehouse management experience
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team