A Reputable Hospital seeks the services of a Laboratory Technologist
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
Job Location: Upper East Region
- Perform a variety of technical duties in a laboratory to include performance of routine tests and examinations, assistance in the set-up of experiments and the collection and recording of data.
- Procure and set-up equipment, instruments and materials used in performing scheduled tests or experiments.
- Prepare tissue specimens for cutting; use microtome to obtain sections for mounting; stain sections with dye and mount on slides.
- Obtain urine, blood and other specimens and label and prepare for laboratory analysis.
- Repair, maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Prepare culture media, chemicals, solutions and reagents.
- Clean and sterilize instruments, glassware and equipment; restock supplies and materials as required.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of routine laboratory records.
- Review work of lower level laboratory employees and assist in the training of new personnel.
Qualification and Requirement
- Minimum of a Degree
- At least 2 years experience