We are currently seeking an objective, highly skilled internal auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. This experienced auditor facilitates organizational accountability and integrity through audit of business controls, the accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of Compassion operations. The auditor further examines departmental records, and interviews individuals to provide assurance about ministry operations, including compliance with applicable laws and regulations. At this career level, the incumbent generally works independently on moderately complex audits or as a team on larger projects. He or she may coach other auditors.
The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children.
- Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Performs audits to review supporting documents for compassion operations and communicates findings to audit and operating management.
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, excessiveness, wastefulness, fraud, or noncompliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- May travel to Compassion project sites to audit operational and financial systems, administration records, accountability procedures, staffing, planning, budgets, specific key result indicators, legal compliance and general management practices. Conducts audits in a facilitative manner, emphasizing opportunities for training and development of ministry partner workers.
- Examines and documents risks, internal processes, and related controls, and conducts appropriate tests during the audit fieldwork.
- Ensures accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- This leader's team supports audits, investigations, management consulting engagements, and other tasks as assigned by Audit management.
- May travel to Compassion partners and inspect programs against documented standards and sound control practices. He or she will audit on a full range of standards and best practices such as management, operational, staffing, legal, planning, procedural, and financial compliance.
- Conducts audits using a consultative, partnership approach, helping the partner to uncover issues and implement corrective action.
- May coach and provide expertise to other auditors
Other Job responsibilities emanating from job brief:
- Apply and uphold the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality and competency.
- Performs audit assignments that include internal audit (assurance service), management requests/consulting projects and alleged fraud investigations.
- Reports to the Audit Supervisor/ManagerLead or support Global Audit initiated Training (Fraud Awareness and Prevention Training etc.)
- May be called upon to lead or be involved in Spiritual Formation activities
Essential Job Functional Competencies
- Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key organizational drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Provides informal guidance to new team members and solves problems in straightforward situations
- Analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Basic computer skills including MS Office, accounting software, and databases
- Ability to consistently and accurately manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed, clear reports
- Proven working knowledge of all applicable auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and Industry regulations.
- A high degree of aptitude regarding attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Willingness to demonstrate leadership skills and make a sound independent judgment.
Minimum Required Job Qualification
- Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Culture: Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline (ICA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Work Experience: Professional experience working in audit, finance, risk management, governance, or similar field for three years involving international, inter-cultural operations.
- Licenses and Certifications: May be required to work towards Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) granted by The Institute of Internal Auditors, or similar credential.
- Language: Verbal and written communication in French will be an added advantage
- Other: The auditor will demonstrate an ability to develop positive and trusting cross-cultural relationships.
- Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
- Work Environment Office – Standard Office Environment
- Physical Demands Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- Travel Requirements May be required to travel up to 40% of normal schedule
Compassion International uses standardized job families and associated job descriptions. As such, not all employees will be responsible for all functions on this document. Employees may perform these and/or other similar type and level of duties depending on the workgroup and country to which they are assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a copy of their current CV, cover letter and references to [email protected] by close of business on February 11, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.