The Internal Auditor must provide reliable and valued assurances to the Board and Executive Management over the effectiveness of controls, mitigating current and evolving risks as well as enhancing the controls within the organisation. The Internal Auditor provides independent assurance to the CEO, Board Audit Committee and stakeholders (internal as well as external auditors and regulators).
The successful candidate must be a team player with a drive for results and able to:
- Build the IA function with minimal supervision within a start-up environment.
- Consistently apply the [A methodology in undertaking audit work.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the business area and use this knowledge to assess risks and controls.
- Display professional scepticism, raising and discussing contentious observations with management and adapting their styles as necessary.
- Be quick to learn and seek opportunities to share this knowledge with colleagues.
- Prioritise effectively to deliver on time and adapt quickly to change and support business initiatives.
- Specialist knowledge in a key high-risk area such as Credit Risk, Information Technology, Risk/Finance, Treasury or Operations.
- Atleast three years auditing experience and or working at a senior management level in the financial services sector with a proven track record.
- Exposure to managing teams to deliver against tight deadlines.
- Significant report writing and presentation experience.
- Experience in negotiation/influencing
- Computer literate (strong MS Office skills) & Audit software skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent business experience. Formal qualification such as ACIB, ACCA, CIA or a business or risk related degree / qualification.