A Reputable Company seeks the services of a Human Resource Manager (1)
Job Title: Human Resource Manager (1)
Job Location: Kumasi, Ashanti Region
Reports To: General Manager
Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the Human Resources management strategies, systems, policies and procedures to create a harmonious industrial and good organisational climate to attract and retain the requisite skill levels and mix to facilitate the achievement of KUMASI COMPOST PLANT’s business strategies
Strategy; Policy Development
- Provide technical expertise in the development and implementation of Human Resource strategy/business plan as input into the overall Corporate Strategy.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of Human Resource policies, standards operating procedures (SOPs), work plan and other monitoring mechanisms in managing the
Human Resource Directorate to achieve targeted objectives.
- Monitor the implementation of Human Resource policies and systems to promote consistency with regard to terms and conditions of service, resourcing, learning & development in accordance with the Company’s business strategy.
Human Resources Planning
- Monitor and identify Human Resource requirements and skills mix and develop effective Human Resource plan and make appropriate recommendations to Management for implementation.
Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- Monitor the implementation of established policies to ensure the recruitment, selection and placement of the right calibre of employees for the company.
- Liaise with Directorate/Department Heads to monitor all contract and temporary engagements (both local and international) in line with approved HR policies/procedures and labour regulations.
- Provide direction for the review of organisational structures, job analysis, job descriptions/ specifications and job evaluation. Career Development & Succession Planning
- Develop and support the implementation of Succession Planning and effective Talent Management systems within the organisation to improve Management bench strength/succession.
Human Resources Information Systems
- Responsible for the establishment/maintenance of effective record keeping and Human Resources Information systems to ensure easy accessibility and retrieval of data/information.
- Responsibility for the development and maintenance of a comprehensive and accurate Human Resource Database System.
Compensation ; Benefits Administration
- Provide leadership/supervision and monitor the Salary Administration Policy and Conditions of Service to ensure equitable application.
- Advise Management on annual salary and benefits reviews, promotions and salary placements as well as merit rewards.
- Review/analyze salary/benefits survey of competitor organizations and design compensation /benefit packages to aid Management/Board in decision-making process regarding employees’ conditions of service.
- Participate in the development of effective health and safety practices for all employees to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Lead and advise Management on employment laws/regulations and practices and monitor to ensure compliance.
- Develop policies/programs to manage the employee relations processes to ensure grievance and disciplinary issues are resolved as quickly as practicable to promote fair and consistent treatment of staff.
- Develop/establish effective two-way communication between Management and Employees to ensure harmonious working environment.
- Interpret Human Resources policies and procedures to ensure consistency and uniformity in their applications throughout the company.
- Act as the technical advisor to Management in the negotiation and review of the Conditions of Service.
- Represent the company in its dealings with Ghana Employers Association and other related labour agencies.
- Establish and maintain regular contact and cooperation with subsidiaries in order to ensure that functional relationships are effective and cordial.
Human Resources Development
- Provide leadership and proactively engage with Heads of Directorates/Departments/Regional Managers to identify specific training needs within each
- Develop, monitor and review the training plan of the company.
- Monitor and control the implementation of training programmes to ensure relevance and cost effectiveness.
- Manage the recruitment and selection of training providers and institutions. Stakeholder Relations & Management
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with GEA, Ghana Youth Employment Development Agency, Regulatory Agencies, SSNIT and other external stakeholders to facilitate the operations of the Directorate.
Financial; Audit Management
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget for the Human Resource Directorate and monitor its implementation.
- Coordinate all Internal and External audit programs at the Human Resource Directorate and follow-up to ensure that audit queries are handled expeditiously. Information & Reporting
- Stay abreast with legislation, rules/regulations, new developments and international best practices to facilitate/ enhance the operations/activities of the Directorate.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly and annual HR reports and any other statutory reports.
- Oversight monitoring of the actual Head Count of employees of the company and preparation of consolidated manning reports for review by Management.
Employee Performance and Development
- Develop Performance Management System in line with the company’s strategy and facilitate/coordinate the implementation of the system and monitor to ensure the sustenance of a performance oriented culture
Qualification and Requirements
- Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Twelve (12) years working experience with at least 7 years in a senior management position.
- Must be a member of a recognised professional body.
- Preferably female
- In-depth knowledge of Labour Laws and regulations.
- Excellent Knowledge of Strategic Management, particularly Strategic Human Resources Management.
- Excellent Knowledge of the HR Management Systems: Human Resources Planning, Career Development and Succession Planning, Performance Management System, Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Management Development Practices.
- Proven planning and organizing skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of waste management and environmental sanitation.
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
- Considerable knowledge of project management.
- Ability to meet deadlines and execute projects.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and often pressured environment.
- Considerable Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and other HR software and tools.
- Sound decision making based on thorough analysis.
- Strong leadership, coaching, mentoring, counselling and interpersonal skills in a "team" setting.