Location: North Kaneshie
Directly Reports to: Chief Executive Officer Key Relationships: CEO, Company Heads
Decision Level: Mid senior decision making
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
The job holder is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Hotel in accordance with Company mission statement, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development within established quality standards.
Expected Key Results
Activities (Detailed KPIs)
- Responsible for the overall management of the operations of the hotel.
- Recruiting, training and supervising staff
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Planning maintenance work, events and room bookings
- Handling customer complaints and queries
- Promoting and marketing the business
- Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running this hotel.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- Ensure SOP (Standard Operations Procedures) implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks.
- Monitor the purchase / indent / requisitions of each department, the accounts receivables (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors / suppliers etc).
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc)
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organization.
- Ensuring repeat business and developing new business for rooms, conferencing & events and Food & Beverage and rate negotiation
Partnerships and Networks for delivery of Strategy
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships to maximize the Hotel’s brand to both internal and external customers and the public at large
Communications & Reports
- To provide monthly report to the CEO
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations not only of the Hotel but also Laws by the Ministry of Tourism and Hospitality
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws
- Any other additional responsibility or task assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business Administration or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in hotel management or similar role.
- Strong understanding of hotel management best practices
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Exceptional leadership abilities with great attention to detail.
Necessary Skills and Competencies:
- Strong Managerial skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Must be customer-oriented
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be a good problem –solver
- Must be charismatic and a good sales person
The core duties stated above describe the type and level of work assigned and is not necessarily all inclusive. Management reserves the right to assign and change responsibilities in order to meet business and organizational needs as and when necessary.