A reputable school in Tarkwa is seeking to employ an experienced and self-motivated female between the ages of 35 – 45 years as Headmistress. The successful candidate should have knowledge and experience in both primary and early childhood education.
- Perform the functions of this position with a strong understanding of the New GES (Standard Based) Curriculum
- Cooperate with other staff and classroom groups to maintain the smooth functioning of the school, which at times may require changes to meet the needs of the children.
- Maintain a comprehensive and ongoing portfolio assessment for each child, including weekly observations in each area, examples of the child's work, and a developmental assessment
- Use school open days and parent/teacher meetings to discuss each child's individual development.
- Assist children in development and acquisition of social and self-help skills, and sound nutritional practices.
- Meet bi-weekly with director to discuss and exchange information pertinent to the development of the learners and progress of the school.
- Attend staff training and meetings, school board and parent meetings as required.
- Work with Teachers, Assistant Teachers and student trainees to use and develop their skills and abilities in planning and carrying out classroom activities.
- Collaborate with Teachers and Assistant Teachers to maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment.
- Ensure that classroom equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies are properly maintained and utilised.
- Ensure that playground is used as an extension of the classroom.
- Assist in recruiting and orienting new teaching staff, providing them with guidance as needed.
- Complete and submit school reports and records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform other duties, as may be required.
- A Degree in Education, with at least 5 years hands-on experience in the classroom and 3 years in a supervisory role (headmistress or assistant headmistress).
- Show demonstrable understanding of business improvements and good customer service initiatives.
- Ability to build appropriate professional, friendly and accessible relationships with employees, parents and other stakeholders.
- An assertive goal-orientated self-starter with good interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Possess sound analytical, decision-making and change management skills.
- Have tenacity and unquestionable integrity.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Successful experience working in a team setting.
- Ability to use abstract reasoning, problem solving, planning, and analytical skills in; Training, evaluation, and program development.
- Must be able to conduct meetings and training sessions, prepare reports that are comprehensive, clear, and complete.
- Have excellent computing skills in MS Office Suite
- Child Safety, Excellence, Integrity, Respect, Teamwork.
- Good remuneration.
- Temporary accommodation available for the first six month.
Please note that only applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job will be contacted.