- Formulation and implementation of operational strategies, policies and procedures that guide efficient service delivery across the different areas of the Institution’s operations
- Provision of strategic leadership and direction of institution’s operations group with focus on efficiency and quality services delivery, creating positive customer experience, building customer loyalty, trust and retention
- Coordinating the delivery of financial services with focus on achieving operational efficiency and ensuring high quality standards
- Planning and coordinating the operations of branches, institution wide, to align with overall institution’s strategy
- Initiating and coordinating the development of new financial products and services institution wide, to cater for changes in the market and enable the institution remain competitive.
- Monitoring all branch operations and ensures that returns are reviewed and accurately compiled on a timely basis
- Monitor’s to ensure that all “our accounts” are reconciled and promptly approved by signing off on all reconcilement sheets, to ensure that exceptions/open items are promptly liquidated.
- Coordinates the periodic review and update of the institution’s operations manual to accommodate policy, business and operational changes.
- Monitors and ensures that the cash position of the branches is adequate and appropriate liquidity levels maintained at all times in order to meet the institution’s obligations to customers
- Coordinates the preparation and timely rendering of returns to relevant regulatory agencies such as GCB etc.
- Monitors transactions with GCB and other institutions to ensure accuracy and completeness of records
- Provides active support to Human Resources Department in resourcing for the institution operations function
- Liaises with Admin and procurement to ensure all the necessary facilities and infrastructure required for effective financial operations are in place
Requirements And Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in any business or numerate discipline
- A professional qualification (ACCA)
- Minimum of 10-15 years relevant work experience in the finance industry, 8 out of which must have been at a senior management level
- Banking operations experience Detailed knowledge of Banking procedures, policy and principles
- Transaction processing and banking operations
- Experience of risk, credit analysis, credit and treasury Operations
- Extensive experience of cash management, account services, clearing and payments
- Proficiency in use of relevant banking applications
- Financial analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge of banking rules and regulations in the Gambia
Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Kindly send CV's to [email protected]
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.