A Reputable Company seeks the services of a Head of Internal Audit
Job Title: Head of Internal Audit
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
- Responsible for internal audit strategy and annual risk-based audit plan for Board and management approval.
- Objectively review and make recommendations on the organization's business processes and the efficacy of its risk management procedures and governance
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization's assets
- Develop apt departmental policies and procedures to guide internal audit functions
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance and improvement program that covers all aspects of the internal audit function, and continuously monitor its effectiveness
- Responsible for development and capacity of the internal audit team for relationship and technical excellence.
- Provide internal control and system report to the board and management
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes of the country and related stakeholders.
- Ensure all audit concerns raised are adequately addressed in a timely manner
- Monitors for evolving best practice in the areas of audit, fraud prevention and internal controls
- Cooperates with internal and external legal advisors and risk control units on investigations into major control issues
- Champion IFRS and AML standards and reporting.
General /Supervisory duties
- Positive working relationship with relevant regulators and professional associations (e.g., Institute of Internal Auditors)
- Responsible for the overall performance of the department.
- Organize and coordinate responsibilities of the internal audit team
- Ensures that Internal Audit function has adequate expertise and resources to fulfill its responsibilities
- Ensure the timely completion of internal auditing engagements
- Ensure that professional internal auditing standards are followed (e.g. IIA standards or local standards)
- Impartial and open minded
- Conduct entry and exit interviews during audits
- Attend all relevant meetings as required or invited
Qualification and Competency Requirements
- Minimum of a Degree in accounting or related field. Chartered Internal Auditor
- Must have served in a senior level position as an Auditor for a minimum of 5 years
- Possess experience in enterprise functionalities.
- Effective Communication and Human Relations skills.
- Critical Thinking and data analysis
- Tactful in the discharge of duties and dealing with stakeholders.
- Demonstrate high confidentiality
- Impressive organizational skills
- A natural affinity and passion for problem solving
- Integrity and Strong interpersonal skills
- Application of statistical sampling for audit reporting
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
- Abreast with IT and innovation
- Ability to use internal audit software