The Talent African Company seeks the services of a Head of Custom Brokerage
Job Title: Head of Custom Brokerage
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
- Classify goods according to tariff coding system.
- Pay, or arrange for payment of, taxes and duties on shipments.
- Prepare and process import and export documentation according to customs regulations, laws, or procedures.
- Sign documents on behalf of clients, using powers of attorney.
- Clear goods through customs and to their destinations for clients.
- Calculate duty and tariff payments owed on shipments.
- Stay abreast of changes in import or export laws or regulations by reading current literature, attending meetings or conferences, or conferring with colleagues.
- Request or compile necessary import documentation, such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, and cargo-control documents.
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas, or other customs-related matters.
- Monitor or trace the location of goods.
- Confer with officials in various agencies to facilitate clearance of goods through customs and quarantine.
- Post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds.
- Quote duty and tax rates on goods to be imported, based on customs tariffs and excise taxes.
- Obtain line releases for frequent shippers of low-risk commodities, high-volume entries, or multiple-container loads.
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing, or product distribution of imported or exported products.
- Inform importers and exporters of steps to reduce duties and taxes.
- Contract with freight forwarders for destination services.
- Maintain relationships with customs brokers in other ports to expedite clearing of cargo.
- Apply for tariff concessions or for duty drawbacks and other refunds.
- Provide advice on transportation options, types of carriers, or shipping routes.
- Prepare papers for shippers to appeal duty charges.
- Suggest best methods of packaging or labeling products.
- Insure cargo against loss, damage, or pilferage
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of a Degree / Masters
- At least 5 years experience