Who we are, and what we do
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product - a basic solar home system that includes six lights, a phone charger, a radio, and a TV - allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised over $45 million and has over 450 full time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast and Senegal. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and was named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
● Assist in logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
● Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
● Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers and government agencies.
● Read and comprehend legal documents such as contracts or import/export agreements
● Keep abreast of legal and regulatory requirements with regards to shipping, clearance and duties across all PEG Africa markets.
● Maintain the Operations budget across all PEG Africa markets
● Collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify problems and find solutions.
Successful candidate must have (or be able to):
● Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration. Professional certification in CIPS (UK), CIMA (UK), PRINCE2 or demonstrable experience in these areas would be a differentiator
● Specific experience in Supply Chain and/or Operations departments required
● Experience in board-level negotiations and engagements with a strong commercial acumen
● Excellent communication skills and the desire to build lasting relationships with people all over the world.
● Understanding of principles of accounting and finance.
● Credible track record of managing and developing diverse and sparsely located teams
PEG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.