A Fast Growing Construction Company (DESIGN, BUILD AND BUILT) is looking for dynamic and proactive individual who possess the power to execute task on time and can demonstrate responsibility in the execution of delighted duties to join its team.
Job Title: General Manager
Job Location: Osu, Greater Accra
- General construction managers coordinate workers schedules ensuring each person completes their work in the correct order for the project to progress efficiently
- They enforce safety rules and make sure all workers have the right tools, equipment and materials to get the job done correctly
- General construction managers often interface with trade professionals, such as stonemasons and carpenters, and regulatory officials such as government workers and lawyers
- They obtain the necessary permits and required variances and manage the details for several projects at once
Qualification Required & Experience
- HND/ BSc in building Technology , construction management or engineering,Management Course
- Master’s degree is an Added Advantage
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in related field.
- Communication skills — First and foremost the general manager must have communication skills to be able to converse with a wide variety of individuals
- Team skills — it is the general manager that must work at bringing different parties together to have them working effectively
- Systems skills — the more the general manager understands systems and process management the quicker she will be to truly having a positive impact on the business or
- some portion of the business
- Public relations skills — Meeting customers, satisfying architects and engineers, etc., are just a few of the types of people whom the general manager will need to work his magic Since the general manager fully represents the contractor’s business, it is extremely important that he understand how to “schmooze and mingle” with others
- Financial skills — the general manager will have to be able to read, understand and produce important financial documents for the business.
- Safety and quality skills — Yes, The general manager needs to be a loud voice for safety and drive every ounce of quality thinking and execution possible. With all of the support today for safety and “lean construction,” these skill areas should be no obstacle to finding a good general manager
- Decision making/problem solving skills — certainly, there is a difference between making decisions and problem solving, but for our purposes we’ll consider them very close cousins. The general manager role must possess the person who can “pull the trigger” on a daily basis. Prudence, wisdom and effective use of problem solving tool and techniques should be incorporated, but in the end…the general manager must solve problems and make decisions
- Presentation and facilitation skills — like communication skills, this skill area lands on several leader’s requirement lists. The general manager will be expected to provide
- Regular updates to their owner or senior leaders so possessing the skills needed to present their information will be necessary