- Demonstrate a solid understanding of all gold processing and refining activities needed for sustained profitability and growth of the company.
- Communicate the company’s policies and strategies in all areas and coordinate efforts to improve and maintain the company’s image.
- Approves the company’s business plans and operating budgets.
- Evaluate and approve the budgets and medium-term and long-term targets in areas such as Production, Loss Prevention, Environment and others
- Accountable for the execution of the operational plans to achieve positive business results
- Interacts with Managers and Supervisors to develop long-term operating goals and budgets.
- Ensure the effective and efficient communication among management and all staff that are under the position’s responsibility.
- Ensures the integration of the different operating areas through coordinating their efforts to enable the entire process to operate efficiently and effectively
- Monitors staffing and costs for all operating and support services departments.
- Responsible for development, coaching and mentoring of key senior staff (National and Expat)
- Oversees translation and implementation of Corporate tools/policies/systems into local context and application
- Capital projects – ensure integration of execution and due diligence in strategic alignment
- Interacts with Regional, Governmental, Regulatory and Agency officials
- Ensure high level of compliance and sustainability by executing improvements and actions coming out of the audits and acting on nonconformances to approved processes.
- Ensures that the company complies with all regulations, company policies and procedures, and the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental compliance policy.
- Promote a strong sense of social responsibility inside and outside the company
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive as key performance indicators shall be communicated to the employee by the Board of Directors from time to time.
Qualification and Requirements
- 15 Years Experience in Mining with 10 years experience in Senior Management.
- Bsc Mining or Related Field
- Strong business or commercial acumen, a finance background would be an advantage
- Experience in the management and administration of budgets and financial controls.
- Experience with developing country government relations and community development.
- Ability to influence and lead change
- Ability to work in a team environment with internal and external partners
- Ability and willingness to coach and mentor national employees to assist in the localization of senior management positions