Obsidian Achernar (OA) is a financial brokerage based in Accra business bringing high quality brokerage services for a broad range of financial products that are designed to meet the needs of our client. We’re growing super-fast and our clients love what we’re doing. We are looking to create digital tech products throughout our company.
We are now looking for a driven engineer with the energy and drive to help take our technology and business to the next level.
This is an opportunity to join an early stage technology department of our business and play a role in shaping the future of the technology in the African Market.
With a current in-house design team of one, this role will be pivotal in building out our team and creating the development team culture that will help Obsidian Achernar grow fast, but sustainably.
- Developing in a variety of languages.
- Working with our CI/CD pipeline and deploying to our environments.
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical members of our team.
- Understanding the need for moving quickly, but being able to build modular systems that can grow and evolve as the business does.
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make us more effective.
Successful candidates will ideally have:
- Lots of enthusiasm
- Strong communication skills
- You’re happy to work with a variety of languages and frameworks
- .NET Core/C# experience
- Relational Database and NoSQL experience
- Cloud experience (we use Azure)
- A flexible approach to work, and be OK with the ambiguity that comes with a new business learning fast
Benefits of working with Obsidian Achernar
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Working with new startup, your work will have a big impact on the business and our clients
- Team bonding activities
- Competitive pension and holiday allowance
- Flexible working options for developers*
- A central Accra friendly office
- Working with a variety of technologies, from PHP to the latest versions of React, .NET Core and more.
- Working in an agile team using great tools.