The Front Desk Representative is the first point of contact within the Hotel for guests, visitors and clients. He/she is responsible for the registration of guests staying in the hotel, as well as communicating hotel services and any promotions. This position must be focused on providing the highest level of guest service, as it has a direct impact on the guest experience while staying at the resort.
1. Efficiently check guests in and out of the hotel and administer hotel policies and procedures.
2. Assist in taking, modifying, and cancelling guest reservations, noting any special requests.
3. Operate the hotel phone system using friendly and professional service.
4. Handle all shift/petty cash transactions accurately.
5. Communicate hotel facilities and services to all guests, as well as local area facilities and points of interest.
6. Request for Guest identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate
7. Coordinate with other departments to fill special guest requests or to resolve problems.
8. Understand and follow all hotel emergency procedures.
9. Maintain confidentiality of guest information and hotel data.
10. Liaise with Accounts to compute Bills for guests
11. Liaise with housekeeping and maintenance department to ensure the upkeep of public areas and rooms
12. Ensure accuracy of guest bills.
13. Be competent in guest show rounds of the hotel facilities and conference rooms.
14. Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
15. Resolve problems quickly and accurately, and follow directions thoroughly.
16. Perform functions under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment.
17. Work cohesively with a team to accomplish assigned duties
1. Minimum Diploma qualification
2. Customer service experience preferred.
3. Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Maintain courteous and effective working relationships with others.
5. Ability to work under time pressure with a positive attitude.
6. Basic computer literacy & capabilities.
7. Ability to type more than 35 words per minute.
Full Time; To include Days, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays