Maagrace Garment Industries Limited is an apparel manufacturing firm created in 2003. Maagrace’s vision is to become the largest high-quality mass production garment producer in West Africa. Through innovation, efficiency and integrity, they provide the best quality products to customers while empowering their workforce, especially women. Maagrace also has a Foundation focused on alleviating poverty within its neighboring communities.
Maagrace is partnering with Ethical Apparel Africa (EAA), a sourcing company that provides international apparel brands with ethical, cost competitive and quality manufacturing solutions in West Africa. EAA’s vision is to demonstrate that ethical manufacturing can and should be done at scale, not just associated with luxury or expensive product. Based in Ghana and Benin, EAA has a dynamic team bringing decades of experience from around the world in product development, quality assurance, account management, social impact, operations and finance. EAA works with West African factories to build technical and ethical standards to international standards. Their clients are international brands mostly from Europe and the USA interested in growing a manufacturing base in Africa with a positive social and environmental impact.
Job Title: Finance Operations Manager
Job Location: Koforidua, Eastern Region
Financial analysis & management
- Lead implementation of a financial management system to ensure all aspects of the day to day running of the factory are captured accurately and reconciled correctly to form the basis for the Company’s Accounts.
- Complete monthly reporting against budget identifying gaps and drivers of any overspend. Proactively suggest areas to optimize and save on factory costs.
- Work with external accountants to produce quarterly and annual accounts that can be externally audited.
- Oversee petty cash processes and reconciliations.
- Support with external cheque payments at various banks & institutions such as DHL, Logistics partners, GRA, SSNIT, etc.
- Continuously monitor Company financial systems for any risks of misuse or uncontrolled spend and flag areas of concern immediately to the Factory GM.
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Represent Maagrace to external partners in Ghana, ensuring productive working relationships with Government and other key stakeholders
- Broadly oversee management of the Factory site, including supervising building utilities, upkeep and maintenance, managing infrastructure upgrading projects and ensuring 24/7 security on site
- Lead initiatives to ensure contingencies are in place for proper functioning of the Factory facilities at all times (utilities, security, power, etc.)
- Ensure the facility is continually complaint for all health and safety features with special attention to fire prevention
- Oversee all local procurement required for Company initiatives, from machinery and equipment to use of contractor or other third party services
- Oversee all office administration and effective planning of office-related space and equipment (computers, internet, etc.) within the Factory
- Directly supervise the execution of the Company’s information systems including the use of tools and trackers across departments; Make proactive suggestions for improvement
- Support the Human Resource Manager on compensation and benefits administration, including tax and national insurance processes
- Manage relationships with local service providers such as bank, DHL, insurance, and legal support, while continuously optimizing for service and cost
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of a Degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in finance, operations and/or business administration management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office especially Excel
- Experience of working with accounting systems such as Xero, Quick Books or Sage
- Previous working experience and/or understanding of a factory or industrial working environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints
- Exceptional cross cultural communication and presentation skills
- Evidence of the following characteristics: humble, self-aware, resilient, adaptable, poised, proactive, persistent, resourceful, able to work under pressure and respect deadlines, strong at building relationships and resolving problems, an active listener, a team player who is fun to work with, and full of integrity
Fluency in English
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.