A Reputable company seeks the services of a Finance Manager (1)
Job Title: Finance Manager (1)
Reports To: General Manager
Job Location: Kumasi, Ashanti Region
- Responsible for the effective implementation and monitoring of financial and management accounting systems, policies and procedures for Kumasi Compost Plant.
Strategy & Policy Development
- Participate in the development of strategy/business plan for the Finance Directorate and monitor its implementation.
- Develop for review/approval policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work plan and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms to achieve set targets of the
- Manage Treasury, insurance and risk management programs. Budget Preparation Control
- Participate in the preparation of annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Responsible for the preparation of variance analysis of revenue and expenditure against budget and report/advice on any deviations for corrective action.
- Provide leadership in the implementation and maintenance of internal financial controls.
This involves the following;-
- Implementation and effective monitoring of all system accounts (General Ledger, Fixed Assets Register, Debtors and Creditors accounts, etc.) to ensure accuratenbalances
- Preparing complete and accurate financial reports and analysis
- Monitoring key financial risk indicators
- Contributing to the improvement of the overall control environment of the company.
- Monitor cash resources and advise on investment opportunities for as appropriate.
- Direct the preparation of periodic Cash Flow Statements and submit report to Director for review/approval.
- Responsible for the development of accounts payable/receivable systems and monitor it implementation to ensure that all payments are in line with approved accounting polices/ guidelines.
- Review periodic bank reconciliation statements and accounts reconciliation and initiate corrective actions where necessary.
- Review and analyze financial accounting systems and advice on any inconsistencies for remedial action.
- Responsible for the development of effective Fixed Assets Register system and monitor its implementation to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for the preparation of Project Proposals for review/approval by
- Monitor to ensure compliance of statutory deductions and payments (i.e. tax, SSNIT, etc.)
- Monitor cost/expenditure and prepare relevant reports to guide Management in decision- making.
Treasury; Cash Management
- Manage the treasury function and monitor to ensure that funds are available to meet operational requirements.
- Monitor to ensure the efficient management of company’s liquidity to maximise returns on assets through short/long term investment.
- Responsible for managing assets and liabilities.
Stakeholder Relations; Management
- Maintain professional relationships with External Auditors, Regulatory Agencies, Financial Institutions and other external stakeholders in the area of financial management.
- Manage business relationships with counter parties as appropriate. Information & Reporting
- Responsible for the maintenance and update of records on financial and non-financial data to facilitate qualitative and quantitative analysis of the Finance function to support
Management decision making
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and any other report related to job function.
Monitor to ensure that all financial and management accounting reporting systems are in line with regulatory requirements and International Financial Regulatory Standards.
Employee Performance; Development
- Hold direct reports accountable for the performance of assignments in their respective areas of responsibilities.
- Conduct performance appraisal and provide input for career development and recommend performance incentives for subordinate staff.
- Identify training needs and facilitate training for subordinate staff.
Qualification and Requirements
- Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or related field
- Ten (10) years working experience with at least 4 years in a management position
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body. (ICA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) Demonstrated knowledge in the use of accounting methodologies and tools.
- Considerable knowledge of Accounting Standards and related regulations.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Considerable knowledge of the International Financial Reporting System (IFRS), Accounting and Auditing Standards and related regulations.
- Good financial knowledge, including treasury management, investment planning, asset allocation, etc.
- Good knowledge/understanding of company’s operations.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability in financial modelling.
- Excellent analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external
- Stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and often pressured environment.
- Good knowledge in the use of accounting/financial software and tools, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet etc.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of enterprise-wide accounting information systems.
- Good managerial, coaching, mentoring and interpersonal skills
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.