Stanford University Global LLC is seeking qualified candidates for the Stanford Institute for Innovation for Developing Economies (Seed) Finance and Administration Associate position in Accra, Ghana.
Building on Stanford's decades-long history of educating innovators in Silicon Valley, Stanford Institute for Innovation in Developing Economies (Stanford Seed) is now bringing this innovative mindset and practical business training to entrepreneurs in Africa.
The Finance and Administration Associate is responsible for supporting program execution and the accounting function at the Stanford Seed West Africa office. The successful candidate will work directly with the Regional Director, Finance and Admin Manager, Program and Network Managers to support the Seed Transformation Program, Seed Transformation Network, and other priorities. The Finance and Administration Associate reports to the Regional Director, Seed West Africa, in Accra.
- Responsible for administering recruitment for the Seed Transformation Program (STP) in Salesforce, setting up and running meetings, serving as the resource for local team and link with Seed HQ for process execution and troubleshooting.
- Support and ensure timely communications with applicants and admits across the application, admission and onboarding phases - for the STP. This will include sending emails from Salesforce, distributing program invoices, answering questions, et cetera.
- Support the Finance and Admin Manager with the accounting and finance functions for the branch - and offers general administrative assistance.
- Manage, along with the Finance and Admin Manager, travel arrangements for Seed staff and business coaches in West Africa.
- Support the Program Manager - for logistics related to all Immersion Weeks, including catering. Offer general administrative assistance and classroom support to the Program Manager prior to and during classroom (“Immersion”) weeks.
- Support the Network Manager with the administrative and accounting functions related to all Network and recruitment events. Captures data from recruitment and Network activities and follows up with links and application details/information.
- Serves as receptionist for the Seed West Africa office. Support the Regional Director with calendar coordination and minute-taking; assigns action follow through for Team Meetings. Coordinate meetings and assist with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals, and assembling materials.
- These duties may be adjusted as needed to suit the business needs of the Seed West Africa Program.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree from an accredited university, and at least 2 years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An advanced level of fluent English skills both oral and written.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practical experience in business fundamentals.
- Demonstrated expertise with internet banking.
- Computer proficiency with skill in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines, working independently and collaboratively as appropriate with professional colleagues both within the center and abroad in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment, and decision making skills.
- Understanding of working in a complex university or similar environment with proven ability to exercise patience and flexibility with staff, coaches, interns, faculty and outside constituents.
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept at fostering and maintaining effective collaboration, trust, teamwork, and respect.
For more information about the Seed program, please visit https://seed.stanford.edu