This experienced specialist performs all aspects of facility planning, including space use, equipment installation and maintenance, remodels, and expansion. This specialist further implements monitoring systems or programs to detect and correct facility problems as early as possible. The incumbent also carries out facility-related contracts for ongoing services as well as new construction, repairs and upgrades. This experienced specialist works independently on projects related to the construction of field facilities or participates as a team member for larger projects. He or she may coach other specialists.
The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children.
- Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need.
- Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Works independently to administer the global real estate acquisition process for both owned and leased properties. Carries out all aspects of due diligence, planning, programming, and project management for construction of owned facilities. Works with feasibility studies to assess the viability of property ownership globally and works cross-functionally with field office management throughout the acquisition process for both owned and leased facilities.
- Serves as lead project participant for construction of owned facilities, ensuring designs meet local codes, ministry requirements, and functional needs. Prepares Return on Investment (ROI), Net Present Value (NPV) models, and performance metrics for buy/build initiatives, presenting findings and recommendations to leadership.
- Contributes to the Strategic Facilities Plans, site master plan and emerging organizational requirements, ensuring capital planning projects, facilities condition assessments, facilities renewal projects and tenant improvements are appropriately and proactively represented to leadership. Supports the development of business continuity plans for the facilities function.
- Monitor construction standards at every worksite, including control and use of specified construction materials and that construction practice meets the design specifications in the approved blueprints. Ensures that financial and pilferage risk is minimized during construction implementation.
- Implements building space allocation, space planning, and furniture utilization. Aligns building occupancy factors within guidelines. Carries out facilities-related projects and initiatives and aligns project goals and objectives with functional and corporate objectives.
- Determines project scope of work through discussions with Compassion’s internal functions and aligns facility plans to support the agreed upon business objectives.
- Supports the implementation of Compassion construction projects’ performance and communicates status and performance by location. Provides complex weekly reporting that reflects current project status and performance by geography and responsible project manager.
- The incumbent may provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the facility maintenance discipline.
Additional job responsibilities emanating from job brief:
- Facilities Management (maintenance, repairs, meetings with key vendors of services...)
- Office inventory (Management of Assets/inventory schedule for the office, PPE Mgt.)
- Event set up (Coordinate events and hiring of logistics, manage conference rooms etc...)
- Security Management (Office lock up, CCTV camera reports, liaison with office security etc.)
- Health & Safety (Fire drills, CPR, Lifts, first aid, aerobics etc...)
- Project Management (project plan for facilitating movement, travel to project sites ...)
- Administration of Compassion International Ghana’s legal documentation (Social Welfare, Registrar General etc....) Business continuity (business preparedness and disaster recovery...)
Essential job functional competencies
- Mature Christian person based on evangelical Christian values; has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is above reproach in integrity and honesty.
- Excellent report writing, leadership, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrable facilities preventive maintenance skills
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations and analyze possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
Minimum required job qualifications
- Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Culture - Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Safety, or related discipline such as Administration, the Social Sciences and Project Management
- Five years professional experience working in construction management, facility planning or similar field or position.
- Work Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
- Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of the normal schedule
- Other - This position requires that the applicant/employee personally drives a Compassion-owned or leased vehicle as an essential job function of the position. Any job offer and continued employment in a position where driving is an essential function, is contingent upon both possession of a valid driver's license and continued monitoring of the employee’s driving abilities and motor vehicle record (MVR).
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Compassion International Management.
Qualified applicants should forward a copy of their current CV, cover letter and references to [email protected] by close of business on February 14, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.