A Reputable Company seeks the services of an Environmental Officer
Job Title: Environmental Officer
Job Location: Nsawam, Eastern Region
- Investigate incident that affect health such as pollution, accidents at work noise control, toxic contamination pest infestation, food poisoning and waste management
- Oversee field examinations and report hazardous locations and materials.
- Maintain management information systems which identify the location of hazardous sites, chemical inventories, and complaint investigations.
- In charge of waste management and
- Develop and recommend solutions to eliminate pollution and environmental hazards.
- Design and implement effective employee training programs.
- Collect and analyze test samples of food, soil, water, and air.
- Effluent and solid waste management
- Daily clearing schedule and checklist for compound, wash rooms, work area and factory /production floor
- Perform research and report your findings on the current environmental conditions.
- Prepare clear and detailed written reports about field inspections.
- Implement spill prevention programs and hazardous waste regulations.
- Compliance with sanitation bye-laws
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or relevant field
- At least 2 years’ experience in food processing industry or a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and health and safety programs.
- Aptitude to solve problems quickly with advanced conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical abilities