Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE Company as an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Governance Managerto join our team in Ghana.
- Conducts safety and/or environmental audits and inspects facilities within and external to geographic or functional area of responsibility to ensure a safe working environment.
- Compliance with regulatory laws and to ensure practical, cost-effective measures are in place within the workplace, and a Safety Culture exists to ensure employees are accountable and responsible for health, safety and environmental conditions and practices.
- Develops orientations, assessments of worksites, and creates literature to implement and promote safety and/or environmental policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and interprets scientific and technical journals, financial reports and regulatory documents.
- Develops procedures based on regulatory and/or client requirements.
- Presents information and responds to questions or concerns from employees, managers, clients and the public.
- May respond to all inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies and/or community groups.
- May assist or train lower level specialists.
- Handles or leads special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field and 7+ years’ experience.
- Full HSE Certification required.
- Thorough understanding of regulations and the regulatory process.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact withal levels of management.