- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bsc Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution, and not less than ten (10) years post qualification working experience.
- He/She must be a member of a professional body and be in good standing.
- The work experiences must include working in the building construction environment; installation of CCTV Cameras, Data and Telephone; Fire detection and intruder systems among others.
- Installations done in medical facilities will be an added advantage.