AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Engineer – Technical Services.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Engineer – Technical Services is accountable for the monitoring and control of output of Processing Plant, surface and UG infrastructure Electrical new build and that it is to standard, through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Engineering Technical Specialist for reporting performance
- Conduct periodic audits of all Processing Plant, surface and UG Infrastructure electrical new build, later maintenance, work
- Conduct reviews of the electrical new build, later maintenance, of the Processing Plant, surface and UG Infrastructure to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Assist the Engineering Technical Specialist to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Execute electrical new build, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, vibration data collection, infrared data collection, ultrasonic data collection, motor current and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection;
- Analyse and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Actively participate in refurbishment/maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Electrical equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure
- Report directly to the reliability engineer on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- Masters’ Degree in Management will be an advantage
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced Electrical maintenance engineer with 5+ years’ experience in, preferably, metallurgical plant maintenance Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Strong Electrical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.