This position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the color and font choices, and so on). The best candidates have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is preferred.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme.
- Work closely with customers and other development and support staff via email, telephone, and chat to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
- Manage tasks and provide status updates using Trello.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience developing web solutions in Drupal and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment.
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture.
- Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels.
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules.
- Knowledge of PHP, PHP files and theme functions, and knowledge of the Drupal theme layer.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working pages.
- The position is a remote role and requires; high speed internet access, computer and software for the tasks.