Job Title: Diver
Job Location: Tema, Community 10
- You should be able to work below surface of water using scuba gear to inspect, repair, remove or install equipment and structures. You should be able to also use a variety of power and hand tools such as drills, sledgehammers, torches and welding equipment.
- Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Check, clean and maintain diving equipment such as helmets, masks, air tanks, harnesses and gauges.
- Communicate with workers on the surface while underwater, using signal lines or radio phones.
- Cut and weld steel using underwater welding equipment, jigs and supports
- Descend into water with the aid of dive tenders using scuba gear or diving suits.
- Install, inspect, clean and repair piping and valves.
- Obtain information about diving tasks and environmental conditions.
- Perform activities related to underwater search and rescue, salvage, recover cleanup operations
- Perform offshore and inshore duties such as grouting (underwater cementing) desilting, dredging, and underwater surveys etc.
- Taking appropriate safety precautions, such as when and how to use helmets, gloves, safety footwear, ear and eye protector, tie ropes, monitor dive lengths and depths etc.
- Repair ships, bridge foundations and cut trees below the water line.
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum education: WASSCE Certificate.
- Must be able to put head into water and confident in water.
- Must be physically and medically fit.
- Must be fluent in the English language and be able to read and write.
- Must be a good listener.
- Must be a team worker*
- Graduates with Engineering background can also apply.
Applicants that meet the above requirements can send a copy of their CVs to the company’s email: [email protected]
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.