- Formulation and implementation of people management and development strategies that are anchored on current and innovative HR policies in line with the labour laws of the Gambia and the bank’s business objectives.
- Monitoring and review of salary and benefits structure to ensure a balance between control of costs and attracting and retaining staff.
- Management of working conditions, disciplinary and grievance procedures, equal opportunities, redundancies and employee leave schedule.
- Liaison with the Branding and Corporate Communications Unit to place job adverts in websites, newspapers etc.
- Co-ordination of recruitment and selection of new staff, liaising where necessary with external recruitment consultants.
- Coordination of induction process to integrate new staff into the work place.
- Development and maintenance of relationships with external training/examination bodies and recruitment consultants.
- Provide advisory on management on PAYE, pension, welfare and insurance schemes
- Design new staff training programmes and updates existing ones.
- Organising in house learning and development programmes for appropriate staff on a regular basis and ensure full attendance of both trainees and facilitators.
- Facilitation of counselling facilities, sports and social activities for staff.
- Co-ordination of disciplinary and grievance procedures, working with the Legal Department where necessary.
- Co-ordination of staff appraisal and performance management procedures.
- Facilitation of the provision of counselling facilities, sports and social activities for staff.
- Review and report on HR Function achievement against key performance targets to guide the preparation of annual action plans and budgets to the Management.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or any Social Science discipline.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management will be an advantage
- Relevant Certification in HR e.g. CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel Development), SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management)
- The person must have a minimum of 8-10 years’ cognate experience, at least 5 of which must have been at key management position
- Strong knowledge of HR Strategy and people management policies
- Sound grasp of regulatory and cultural issues, including legal provisions
- Highly developed skills in general HR procedures
- Demonstrated confidentiality, tact and discretion in dealing with people.
- Workforce planning and development interventions
- Compensation and benefits management
- Staff audit
Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Kindly send CV's to [email protected]
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.