A Reputable environmental non-governmental organization (NGO) in Ghana is looking for a multi-skilled candidate with a sound background for the position of Data Management Officer. Data Management Officer will build and maintain GIS databases, and use GIS software to analyze the spatial and non-spatial information in them especially those related to natural resources and environment within the organization. He/she will also develop and/or support proposal development for funding.
Job Title: Data Management Officer
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
- Support and manage GIS applications based on natural resources.
- Manage geospatial database and develop maps and aerial photography.
- Develop concept notes and proposals for funding
- Design and conduct spatial analysis to support M&E indicator reporting,
- Provide training to field staff members in the use of GIS methods;
- Develop and maintain partnership with national and international institutions
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualification and Requirements
- A degree in in Natural Resource Management, Geography, GIS & Remote Sensing or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience or in a similar position
- Technical competencies - innovative, analytical skills. Excellent management, leadership and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication, report writing computer skills
- An in-depth understanding of the GIS & Remote Sensing software
- Must be between 25-35 years