Reports Directly to: General Manager/credit manager
Credit officer is expected to:
- Act as a liaison between the bank and clients
- Manage and expand the banks credit portfolio
- Assessment and appraisal of loan applications (conducting onsite visits and carry out credit investigation to determine feasibility eg. Credit bureau checks)
- Market the company’s credit products to prospective customers as well as source for loans
- Monitoring of disbursed facilities to ensure timely loan repayment
- Registration and monitoring of collateral securities on the collateral registry platform.
- Conduct research on modern credit activities to be abreast with evolving industry trends
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Disburse facilities and liaise with recovery officers for effective recovery
- Prepare demand notices to delinquent loan clients and forward irreconcilable accounts for collective action.
- Ensure processing & insurance fees are being deposited in loan accounts before disbursement and clients must go to the teller to withdraw loans disbursed by themselves.
- Validate customer documents to ensure that they are authentic and reliable
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Review, complete and update credit files(application letter, loan forms, credit bureau check, accounts statements, write up, loan approval letters, security and other supporting documents)
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual credit performance reports for management and board levels
- Preparation of reports on delinquent loan clients and serving of demand notice.
- Daily monitoring of loans
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with the KYC
- Any other duties assigned by management
Tools and Equipment Handled
- Uses calculator, company phones and computer
- Printer scanner
- Credit department stamp
- Use of Company vehicle when necessary
- Loan files and supporting documents
- Field and normal office environment
- Verbal and physical abuse
- Loss of clients sensitive documents
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- UniversityDdegree in accounting, economics, mathematics
- College diploma or any certificate in banking and finance from a recognized institution (CIB, NIB)
- Minimum of 3years experience in credit
- Must understand and agree with WML Mission, Vision and core values
- Strong numerical ability
- Good listening and communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Honesty and integrity
- Stress tolerance.
- Demonstrate high level of ethical commitment and trustworthiness