Beans is an Africa based software as a service (SaaS) company specialized in groundbreaking e- Commerce applications and tools. We create software that are used by more than 2,000 online merchants and 4 millions customers around the planet with 80% of our users based in the US. We like to partner with people who are ready to play in the champions' league of SaaS, i.e compete internationally with the best software on the planet. We’re looking for team players, who are dedicated to doing an amazing job, who want to stretch the boundaries, who are eager to impress, and who want to prove that Africa is capable of creating a product that surpasses international standard
Job Location: Cotonou, Benin
We want to be clear about something, writing good content is hard. Writing is often the most miserly form of creative expression, the writer-artist has only 26 symbols at his/her disposal along with an assortment of squiggles and wiggly things to graft the seed of his/her thought into a stranger’s landscape of arbitrary perceptions and subjective inclinations, and then there is the grammar to take care of as well.
The writer has a restrictive arsenal but when engineered and sculpted with empathy and respect for the reader it can flow like music and entrance like art at the same time. It is the best information technology we have of translating and amalgamating visceral experiences from media like art or music with feelings and ideas. This brings us to what content writing at Beans entails, it is about translating the idea that Beans can drastically change the life of online retailers through content.
Make no mistake, the (probably unnecessary) long intro was to lure the writers out there to draft the customary white papers, case studies, presentations and scripts but we want to go beyond that, we want to infuse run of the mill content with the logic and beauty that resides in our solutions and ideas, we want to set the literary perception of what retailers should feel when they read about the good our software can do for their business.
Don’t apply if you want to just churn content, apply if you want to convey and catalyse the change we aim to bring to online retail through the most powerful tool of expression humanity has at its disposal.
Qualification and Requirements
- Be proficient with technology
- Outstanding writing skills, communication skill, grammatical ability
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Tech savvy and know how to conduct information research
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a simple, holistic, and enjoyable way
- Formatting in your DNA
- This job is based in Cotonou. Remote is possible but preference for candidate who are willing to relocate
- If you are willing to relocate accommodation is provided with many other benefits
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Breakfast, Lunch and snacks provided at the office daily
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds on the planet
- Opportunity to advance in a growing company