GoDropping Ghana seeks the services of a Communications Officer
Job Title: Communications Person with social media knowledge, and knowledge of marketing as a plus
Based in the Accra, Greater Accra, our organization is in search of an energetic and passionate Marketing & Social Media Specialist to plan and oversee the organization’s marketing activities and social media campaigns. As a critical member of the Marketing team, you will be the one to ensure that all marketing operations are successful in meeting the goals set by management. A successful candidate must have great enthusiasm for all things marketing, solid project management skills and great knowledge of social media techniques and principles. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and will have experience in social media engagement and management. This position reports to the Marketing Manager but will collaborate with a wide variety of teams to optimize marketing efforts in support of lead generation, acquisition and engagement.
Duties of the Communications Officer:
- Manage all print and digital correspondence.
- Lead and implement social media strategy, educating team members on best practices
- Act as primary copy editor for all written collateral
- Write content for social media, magazines, emails, newsletters, and some web.
- Provide light design work when needed (flyers, one-sheeters), if experienced.
- Coordinate marketing requests and project plan marketing campaigns across multiple channels,
- Collaborate with colleagues in the planning and execution of integrated marketing activities, such as email marketing, online advertising, landing pages, a/b testing and more.
- Establish and maintain project timelines and priorities and oversee scheduled milestones according to established processes.
- Oversee the production of all marketing program deliverables including photography, videos, digital ads, print advertising and collaterals;
- Manage and track project status through completion and inform its progress/performance through the creation of bi-weekly status reports.
- Coordinate marketing initiatives sub-contracted to external resources including agencies, designers, photographers, copywriters, videographers, media planners and buyers.
- Participate in the development and planning of advertising media and search marketing campaigns and work with external agencies in this regard, to produce schedules, when required.
- Execute day-to-day social media initiatives; including posting content and developing strategies to improve user engagement and drive action across all major channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube.
- Create and maintain the social media editorial calendar for short-term viral initiatives and long-term brand campaigns.
- Manage and maintain the monitoring and analytics systems to track social media engagement and results and create social media reports for Management to be presented and reviewed at regularly agreed upon intervals.
- Monitor trends in Social media, including tools, applications, channels, design and strategy. Use gained knowledge to assist in the development of social media programs to help with awareness, lead nurturing and engagement.
Requirements of the Communications Officer:
- Communications experience
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience writing for multiple audiences
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or InDesign a plus
- Passion for education
- 2+ years of relevant marketing experience.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or other relevant discipline
- Strong working knowledge of social media best practices.
- Strong understanding of social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and experience in on-line community management and customer service.
- Direct experience with social media and content management tools such as Hootsuite is an asset.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects to completion and within deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills.
- High level of initiative with the ability to self-motivate, work independently and in collaborative settings.
• 20% off all GoDropping Ghana rides
GoDropping is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Dropping does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Dropping also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Be a part of the change Africa needs and seeks. At Dropping® we pride ourselves in delivering exceptional services. We’re changing the way society perceives transportation in Ghana. Come join us, and be the change Africa seeks and needs