Socioserve-Ghana (SSG)is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization that has been operating in Ghana since 2002. At Socioserve-Ghana, we work together with our stakeholders and communities to ensure that vulnerable and excluded people have access to good health, equal rights, quality education and live within a protected environment.
Our core programmatic areas can be summarized as follows;
Health care- we work in close collaboration with the health professionals to provide health education and support services in the areas of reproductive and child health, HIV and other STIs prevention, care and support for PLHIV, identification and support services for tuberculosis patients, malaria prevention, sanitation & hygiene in the communities.
Governance and human rights- Our focus here is working with other CSOs and local authorities to ensure that the rights of citizens are respected, protected and fulfilled. We advocate for citizen participation in local governance with key interest of promoting the rights of women, youth and other vulnerable groups in society. We influence policies at the local level through the medium term development plans of District Assemblies and also engage with national authorities on key policy issues in Ghana.
Protecting the environment & natural resource management- under this program area, our main objective is to ensure that communities keep their environment safe and manage their natural resources well so that they are able to take advantage of these to improve their livelihoods. We work with environmental and agricultural development professionals to facilitate economic opportunities for small holder farmers and impoverished communities.
Quality education- we support teaching and learning in basic schools. We support education institutions with teaching and learning, materials like library facilities, ICT laboratories. We institute quiz and essay competitions in schools with award systems all geared towards improving reading and writing skills of young people
Job Title: Communication and Publicity Intern
Job Location: Akosombo, Eastern Region
- Lead in the promotion of Socioserve work through the media.
- Liaising with the media, keep and update media tracking sheets to be able to measure our media engagements
- Maintenance of the organization’s website by writing, updating and uploading materials.
- Planning and implementing marketing and visibility campaigns.
- Keeping our Facebook and Twitter accounts fresh and up to date.
- Sending out quarterly newsletters: this involves gathering stories, writing the material, checking and proofing, mailing the newsletters (via email) and maintaining the subscriber list.
- Photography and the production of short videos.
- The maintenance of databases and mailing lists and distribution of materials (e.g. newsletter) either electronically or by post.
- The production of printed materials e.g. writing, editing, sourcing images, proof reading, fact checking, etc.
Any other duties in support of the Communications & Publicity Unit
- Good writing skills and the ability to produce stimulating and clear text for a range of readers.
- At least two years’ experience of working in a marketing, campaigning or publicity environment.
- A high standard of English and a proven ability to edit and proof read articles and technical reports.
- A keen interest in the principles of communication, design, branding and presentation.
- Experience of generating publicity for an event or campaign.
- Good organisational skills, excellent attention to detail, a commitment to quality and experience of working to tight deadlines and budgets.
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team, a confident, flexible and open approach to work and a willingness to learn and to take on a variety of tasks.
- A commitment to Socioserve’s work and mission.
- Hands-on experience of producing communications and publicity materials, including design and print management, with a working knowledge of appropriate software e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, CorelDraw
- Experience of managing websites.
- An understanding of marketing techniques, e.g. for a campaign.
- Knowledge and experience of social media.
- Photography or video skills.
- An understanding of data protection law of Ghana
- An understanding of the not-for-profit sector and of the realities of working for an NGO.
An understanding of health, governance, human rights, education and environmental issues
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.