Intertek is a British multinational providing services in the area of testing, inspection and analysis for various organisations in the Oil and Gas industry.
- To carry out analysis as per client requirements and in accordance with the stipulated Test Methods.
- To maintain records of all raw data / calculations for each test performed so that data is traceable.
- To ensure that equipment calibrations are performed as documented and on schedule.
- Monitors the availability of supplies needed for testing processes and makes any needs for such supplies known to the Laboratory Manager.
- To ensure that all Laboratory equipment is well maintained.
- Verifies and communicates results obtained, and makes appropriate entries into instrument logs, control charts, calibration records, laboratory worksheets, and any other media, whether print or electronic ensuring the validity and traceability of the information
- Prepares samples and quality control specimens, prepares and standardizes reagents and solutions, and calibrates equipment needed for the testing processes.
- A minimum qualification of a BSc. in Chemistry or equivalent degree.
- Innovative person with a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Solid working knowledge of analytical instrumentation and processes.
- Ability to work with managerial, technical and junior staff.
- High level of computer skills and familiarization with Microsoft office suite.
- Very good communication skills and high level of confidentially.
- Good understanding of analytical procedures
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in a laboratory is desirable