Senior Associate; Tax Services
A top 20 global accounting firm in Accra is currently searching for a qualified Tax Accountant to join our team as Senior Associate. As the Tax Accountant, your chief goal will be to recommend effective tax strategies that comply with laws and regulations for our clients. Our firm's reputation reflects the high standards we demand of ourselves. Our primary goal as a trusted advisor is to be available to provide insightful advice to enable our clients make informed financial decisions. We conduct our business in accordance with the highest standards of professional behavior and ethics. We are transparent, honest and ethical in all our interactions with employees and clients. We foster trust and collaboration to develop leaders focused on sustainable, superior performance. We believe our people are our strongest asset, so we are proud to offer a full range of employee benefits. This full-time position offers a competitive base salary with bonus potential and a full benefits package.
- Performs tax preparation, tax research and tax planning for High Net worth Individuals, SMEs, Corporations, and Not-For-Profits in a variety of different industries.
- Assist in preparation of various compliance returns such as year-end tax information reporting; monthly or quarterly tax reports and returns
- Prepares and reviews complex tax returns, tax memos, projections, estimates and work papers.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments.
- Provides direction, technical guidance, and training to staff members.
- Displays the ability to identify problem areas early, research technical issues, and proactively resolve issues.
- Interfaces with taxing authorities and assists with gathering the information for tax audits
- Serves as a technical tax resource to the client's accountants, managers and directors of the company.
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments through relevant education and training opportunities.
- Assist with general administrative functions of the Tax Department.
- Special projects, as necessary.
Qualification and Requirements
- CIT certification or working towards obtaining it required
- ACCA and CA certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in public accounting
- Bachelors or Maters degree in accounting an advantage
- . Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Client (internal and external) service oriented
- Creative and persistent problem solver
- . Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information
- . Ability to coordinate and maintain follow-up on a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize changing workloads
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and be resourceful
Qualified applicants should send CVs and applications to [email protected] by 15th February, 2020.