- Provides a positive customer experience with fair, friendly, and courteous service.
- Resolves customer issues and answers questions.
- Processes return transactions.
- Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; and operating a cash register.
- Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
- Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, cheques, or charge payments from customers and makes change for cash customers.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver’s license number; and operating credit card authorization systems.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Provides pricing information by answering questions.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent desired
- 3-5 years experience
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs