- Receives and receipts a variety of payments and other cash and cash-related transactions; verifies and posts to appropriate accounts; issues receipts.
- Prepares cash receipts for bank deposit; prepares daily cash reports and balances the cash drawer; reconciles cash, check, and credit card receipts daily, and investigates and resolves any out-of-balance problems.
- Assists individuals in the accurate application of their transactions, and when necessary, researches records on electronic and other available files to provide information regarding financial status.
- Provides information to patrons regarding pertinent rules, policies, and procedures related to cash and cash-related transactions; directs patrons to proper offices, as appropriate, to seek resolution of problems beyond the information available to the cashier.
- Maintains confidentiality of school and student records.
- Projects currency and coin requirements and reorders as necessary.
- Receipts financial aid disbursements to students; calculates interest charges and reimbursable fees for application to individual records.
- May answer telephones, set up accounts, post invoices, prepare routine billings, and file cashiering documents.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- HND or degree needed, at least 3 years work experience
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post to records.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Account balancing skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems