The African Business Centre for Developing Education (ABCDE) focuses on delivering various services to the educational sector through its partnership with the business and corporate sector, and with the aim of bridging the gap between formal education and industry in terms of skills and experiences. The Centre does this through a variety of programmes around mentorship, internships, scholarships, and entrepreneurship.
We are interested in expanding our services to include business development services for our private/corporate sector portfolio. The Business Development Officer would conduct market research, identify potential grant opportunities, and extensively engage new and diverse sources – private sector, public sector, foundations, and individuals – to increase and sustain funding for ABCDE. The business development officer will report to ABCDE’s management.
1. Conduct market research
2. Identify potential grant funding opportunities
3. Coordinate the application of grant funding processes with assistance from ABCDE programme staff
4. On behalf of ABCDE, cooperatively interact with business executives, heads of foundations, high net individuals, and other involved parties via telephone, email and in person for purposes of seeking grants and grant information
1. Strong computer skills required
2. Excellent document, interpersonal, and time management skills required
3. Able to work with tight deadlines
4. Creative thinking and problem-solving
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
2-5 years of work experience in a grant- writing or related position.
Please note that this position is not a full-time staff position, and the business development officers would be paid a generous commission on every successful grant. ABCDE would offer all the necessary support to facilitate the work of the business development officer. If you are interested, please send your CV with cover letter, two professional references, and minimum salary requirements (% of commission expected on every successful grant) in response to this posting to [email protected]
ABCDE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: kindly apply by sending Cv to [email protected]