Title: Business Analyst (Bilingual)
Location: East Legon, Greater Accra
Software Group is a global technology company that enables the transformation of the unbanked world and accelerates financial inclusion by providing the right solutions and technology. We elevate the operations of our customers to increase their outreach and improve their efficiency through alternative delivery channels and integration solutions.
Software Group provides solutions to a range of players in the financial sector but focuses particularly on working with microfinance institutions (MFIs), savings groups, credit unions, banks, telcos and fintech companies. Our extensive portfolio covers the whole lifecycle of financial services provision and helps our customers implement a true multi-channel strategy from agents management, digital field applications, up to personal banking.
The company serves a worldwide client base from nine main offices located in Australia, Bulgaria, Egypt, Ghana, India, Kenya, Mexico, Philippines and the USA. All offices employ an experienced team of professionals, with an outstanding track record of handling complex financial development projects. Software Group prides itself on delivering products and services which adhere to the principles of quality, transparency and affordability.The position reports to the PMO Team Lead and has no direct reports.
- Gather and document business, functional and technology requirements to achieve stated business and technology goals for a project or as part of continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Analyze information needs, functional requirements and stakeholder decisions.
- Produce required documentation: Functional Requirement Documents, Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases; reports, workflow templates, etc.
- Relay business requirements to internal technical teams, towards collaboration.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to review test cases documents.
- Work with end clients and end users to define, document and execute test scenarios as well as to provide enhancement and bug-fixing.
- Provide additional value via industry standard methods: interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, task and workflow analysis, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between business units, technical teams (development, support, and quality assurance), partners and third party vendors to explore additional opportunities and initiatives.
- Perform other job tasks assigned to him / her by the management in relation to their competence and professional responsibilities.
Qualification and Requirements
- Master or Bachelor’s degree - Computer Science, Economics, Management or relevant.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Project Management / BA role in the software industry and good understanding of IT fundamentals.
- Understanding of Financial or Banking Software Business knowledge (Core Banking Systems, Payment Services, Micro finance, etc.).
- Experienced in working with technical staff (developers, support and quality assurance engineers, etc.).
- Experienced in working with end customers, various information sources and compilation of bulk data.
- Ability to work independently with little to no direct supervision and guidance.
- Corporate work ethics acumen: organized, able to work under pressure, able to prioritize and resolve critical and complex issues.
- Interpersonal Skills: self-motivated, creative, adaptable, analytical.
- Strong command of English and French Languages – verbal and written.