African Towers seeks the services of a Business Accountant
Job Title: Business Accountant
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
Treasury, Finance Controls and Taxation
- Implement Finance Controls and Taxation Policies and Procedures across the organisation.
- Prepare Monthly Management reports and Financial Statements.
- Maintain fixed assets register in accounting system and conduct spot and planned physical counts. Clear Fixed Assets. Control
Account of new Fixed Assets purchased and label them
- Conduct spot and planned physical count of inventory.
- Prepare Month End Fixed Assets and Inventory Schedule, to support the Months Financial Statements.
- Support Operations in the preparation of Operations and Maintenance as well as all support services (Logistics, Security, IT and Safety) budget..
- Prepare monthly financial and management information reporting on the performance of the organisation.
- Responsible for all banking and Treasury activities of the organization.
- Prepare Bank reconciliations at Month end.
- Maintain petty cash and issue reconciliation statement at the end of each month.
- Enter all petty cash transactions in Accounting Systems.
- Prepare schedule for filing PAYE, SSNIT, VAT, WHT and Minor Taxes. Reconcile Tax Accounts at the end of each month. File all Tax returns for each month.
- Prepare annual budgets and Business Plans for the organisation.
- Act as the liaison between the Company and the banks, tax authorities, tax consultants, and external auditors.
- Assist in coordinating and maintaining records of lodging at hotels used by the organisation.
- Schedule vehicles and transport coordination.
- Arrange international and ground transportation, meet and greet for all business travelers locally and international.
- Manage provisions and general office supplies to ensure optimal reorder levels for stationery, fuel and grocery, toiletries, mugs, glasses etc ensuring adherence to company stock management procedure.
Contract & Procurement
- Evaluate and create Purchase and Release Purchase Order.
- Receive and match purchase invoices for payment processing.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of all vendors and issue age analysis report at end of each Month
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of a Degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics or Accounting from a University/Polytechnic, or professional Accounting Certification. Knowledge of accounting, Controls, and Financial systems
- At least 5 years’ relevant post university relevant experience
- Knowledge of finance controls
- Technical knowledge and application of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Analytical and able to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of Financial Applications such as SUN, QuickBooks, Sage etc.
- Able to plan effectively and monitor progress
- Knowledge of Local Country Tax Regime
- Governance & Controls – attention to detail, willingness to challenge, process awareness
- Knowledge of Procurement procedures and Negotiating skills
- Ability to resolve disputes and communicate effectively with customers
- Ability to motivate self to achieve goals. use of initiative
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure
- Ability to speak and write English and French fluently
- A self-starter
- Maximizes business opportunities.
- High personal integrity
- Demonstrates courage
- Delivers results through others
- Impartial and balanced individual