As a Plumber, you would be responsible for:
· Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components.
· Read and interpret method statements and procedures, specifications, building drawings and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
· Identify required tools and special equipment for proper work delivery.
· Select the right type and size of pipe required.
· Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim.
· Assemble and install valves and fittings.
· Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks.
· Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures and install supportive hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment.
· Perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems and fixtures.
· Apply all codes to installations, repairs and maintenance, ensuring properly sized, aligned, supported and graded.
· Ensure that work crews are properly supplied with tools, equipment and materials.
· Prevent wastage and misuse of equipment, materials and tools.
· Prepare budgets for specific plumbing jobs and keep daily reports.
· You are also required to be a good communicator and conduct yourself in an honest and respectful manner to ensure cordial relationship between yourself and your colleagues as well as client representatives.