African University College of Communications (AUCC) is a private tertiary institution in Ghana that prepares lifelong learners to become innovative problem-solvers and ethical leaders. The institution takes pride in the study and teaching of journalism, communication studies, African studies among others. AUCC provides opportunities for advanced learning, practical and professional training for rapid growth and development for both students and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for liaising and implementing University Public Relations.
- Create and implement programs to enhance positive perception of the University by its constituents.
- Build and strengthen relationships with the local business, civic and governmental bodies.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with print and electronic media.
- Coordinate University-wide events, such as media conferences, dedications, ground breaks, presidential inauguration, and black-tie dinners.
- Develop systems and procedures for the efficient operation of the Public Relations Unit of the College.
- Devise and implement targeted public affairs plans for the University and its centers.
- Schedule interviews for the President and Deans.
- Produce public affairs reports as needed. Write news releases, media alerts, editorials, public service announcements, audio visual scripts and speeches.
- Supervise design and the regular posting of activities on AUCC website.
- Work closely with the Registrar to develop crisis communication plans and to issue statements to the media during crisis situations.
- Represent the University at community events and on professional boards.
Qualification and Skills
- Must have a Master’s Degree from a recognized university
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Public Relations or related fields
- Knowledge of the university system would be an added advantage
- Excellent management skills and attention to detail
- Good communication and writing skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft programmes