Department/Section: Finance/General Ledger (GL) Unit
Grade: Assistant Manager
The General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for the efficient management of the Company’s General Ledgers and complete and accurate reconciliation of all GL balances and postings. The
successful Candidate will be required to provide leadership to the GL team, by ensuring an efficient and effective running of the GL processes.
The successful candidate shall report directly to the Financial Controller and the Accounts Manager.
- Responsible for the preparation on monthly basis, bank and balance sheet reconciliation statements.
- Responsible for the preparation of month-end Journals
- Preparation of monthly inter-company balances reports and reconciliation statements
- Preparation of monthly Debit and Credit Notes [SIAT SA & OTHER SUBSIDIARIES]
- Ensure accurate and timely capturing of financial transactions into the General Ledger in accordance with GAAP and Group Accounting Policies
- Preparation of monthly bank charges, Interest on overdraft, lease and loans reports.
- Preparation of Interim/Final Audit schedules for both Internal and External Auditors
- Coding of customer pay-in slips, service and material invoice for capturing by data entry clerks
- Preparation of monthly prepayments and accrual journals
- Transaction matching for General, Personnel and customer Account
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Functional Knowledge of accounting processes
- Demonstrated strong work ethics with ability to drive results and meet strict deadlines
- High knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles [GAAP]
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Proficient in the use of Finance Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] Solutions
- Good knowledge of Excel
- A highly organized individual with stress coping abilities
- At least three to five years demonstrated experience in General Ledger Accounting with an agro– industry and /or in a subsidiary of an international organization.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
Required Educational Qualification
- A first Degree / HND in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University
- Qualified or Advance level affiliation with a recognized accounting body [ICAG, ACCA, CIMA] will be an added advantage.
Location: Kwae, Near Kade, Eastern Region
Qualified candidates should send CV's to [email protected]
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.