The Successful candidate will be responsible for
a. Administering and monitoring financial systems, i.e.
- Assist with preparation of budget
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Monitor cash reserves and investments
- Complies with national financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Accounts Payable, includes processing invoices, following up with vendors and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner. Vendor maintenance in accounting software.
- Accounts Receivable, including processing payments, producing statement of accounts, collections on overdue accounts and account reconciliation when required. Customer maintenance in accounting software.
- Banking, processing bank deposits, including trips to the bank. All associated finance entries. Prepare and reconcile bank statements
- Processing Employee expense reports, verifying expenses are within the company guidelines, correcting errors, questioning abnormal expenses and entering into the finance system.
- Invoice creation and distribution when required.
- Filing and records retention
- Assisting with Monthly and Year End tasks including annual audits.
- Assist with Special projects as required
b. Administering payroll
- Calculate employee salaries, deductions and contributions
- Enter payroll information into the computerized accounting system
- Calculate source and miscellaneous deductions
- Process pay cheques
- Update leave and lieu time
- Prepare, review and file payroll summaries, journals and reports
- Issue Records of Employment