The ideal candidate should have extensive skills and knowledge in supporting applications, databases and systems operating in Linux and Windows environments.
A minimum of Two Years’ experience in a similar role is required.
A Diploma or Professional Qualification, preferably a DBA, Development or System Administration certification.
● Systems administration skills (MCSA, MCDBA, OCA or similar)
● Fluently query, update and manage relational database management systems using SQL (structured query language)
● Able to perform the common system administration procedures and processes in Linux and Windows servers
● Perform checklists on systems, applications and databases health with regular reports to team leader
● Backup and restore applications, databases and systems as needed or on schedule
● Able to automate common administrative procedures using shell scripting, PowerShell or equivalent
● Good team player who is a fast learner and can work with minimum or no supervision