The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH draws on the wealth of regional and technical expertise as well as tried and tested management know-how. As a federal enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. In the governance sector, GIZ has been commissioned to implement the Good Financial Governance Programme (GFG) and the Support for Decentralisation Reforms Programme (SfDR) which aim to strengthen Ghana’s public financial management system. The Domestic Revenue Mobilization Component supports reforms to strengthen institutional processes and human resource capacities for revenue management at the national level and creates synergies to subnational revenue mobilization. Increasing civic participation is an accompanying work stream to improve tax compliance and increase public faith in government.
Job Title: Advisor “Civil Society and Tax Education''
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
- Support the GIZ Governance Programme’s initiative to provide professional advice and input to the development and implementation of measures which strengthen domestic revenue mobilisation in Ghana
- Manage a work package engaging civil society organisations and professional organisations for taxpayer education activities and grassroots community engagement nationwide
- Engage and coordinate with governmental institutions to leverage and build on present activities
- Coordinate and contribute to content development for various target groups and dissemination activities
- Contribute to reporting and knowledge management activities
- Other tasks as required
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of Master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. education, communications, project management
- At least three years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Strong networker and communicator
- Good knowledge of civil society, traditional authorities, public education system and/or creative arts industry in Ghana
- Interest in public finance topics, in particular revenue collection, budgeting and accountability
- Motivated team player with an organized, independent, proactive, and goal oriented work approach
- Relevant practical experience in project management, stakeholder engagement and coordination
- Very good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Willingness to broaden and deepen skills with regard to the GIZ Capacity Building Approach
- Accra, Ghana; Occasional duty trips within Ghana