A Logistics Company seeks the services of an Accountant
Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: Togo
- Ensure accuracy, relevance, integrity and timeliness of financial and management information for the purposes of regular reporting of financial and management results to management
- Maintain and produce Management Information System (MIS) which include – Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash flow and variance analysis (with commentary)
- Contribute to the overall financial management information systems (not just reporting requirements) including the planning, budgeting, project approval and execution of the new systems.
- Ensure that statutory accounts are drawn up in accordance with IFRS local and in a timely manner
- Maintain and implement financial control policies and Departmental Operating Instructions (DOIs) so as to enhance the control environment in the company.
- Ensure that the accounting systems are subject to controls which ensure completeness and accuracy of the information they contain.
- Implement controls within the Departments to meet all regulatory and internal requirements.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
General Ledger Administration
- Review monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Verify all reconciling items and post appropriate entries to correct them and prepare monthly reports for management and other information use.
- Approve petty cash payments to ensure that petty cash is being used for items that have been approved within budget.
- Manage payroll systems for unionized, senior and middle management staff ensuring that accurate and timely payments of salaries, income tax and social security to staff, IRS and VAT respectively
- Monitor revenue receipts and ensure that lodgements are promptly made to the bank or un-banked collections accurately accounted for to safeguard the company’s financial resources.
- Monitor incidence of customers ’cheques returned unpaid for prompt recovery to avoid financial loss to the company.
- Track receipts of both cash payments and transfers from clients and match them against invoices to ascertain outstanding balances from clients (debtors).
- Ensure that the company does meet its maturing obligations.
- Provide accurate cash flow projection to management.
Regulatory Reporting and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with local tax laws and regulations by ensuring the timely payment and filing of income tax, Social Security Fund (SSF) and Provident fund.
- Ensure the timely completion of external audit of the company's books by the company's external auditors i.e. Financial Audit, Tax Audit and other assurance services.
Qualification and Requirements
- The candidate must be a Chartered Accountant and have at least 3 years experience as an accountant.
- The candidate must have a background in transportation or logistics
- You must also speak excellent English, French is desirable
- Please ensure you meet all the expectations before you apply