POSITION VACANT: ACCOUNTANT (DURATION: 6 MONTHS POTENTIALLY RENEWABLE)
American International School (AIS) is a company limited by guarantee
registered under the laws of Ghana.
American International School is engaged in the provision of quality
education within a framework of Christian ethics and values with a commitment
to treat all cultures, customs and religions with respect.
- The Accountant reports directly to the Business Manager and is responsible for book-keeping, banking, statutory compliance, payroll and other business office-related functions.
The preferred candidate must have:
- A degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Part qualification in a recognized professional accountancy program would be an added advantage
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in similar role
- Advanced computer literacy and considerable experience using Quickbooks accounting software or a related accounting software is a must
- Experience managing a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting senior management financial decision-making and administration
- Knowledge and experience in the tax laws of Ghana in relation to Payroll taxation, Pension contributions, VAT/NHIL, and Withholding tax
- Dependent on years of experience and qualification
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should respond in writing with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and providing specific examples demonstrating suitability for the position. Applicants should also include current Curriculum Vitae and the contact details of two (2) professional referees. The cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should not be more than four (4) pages
applications are to be sent via email to [email protected]
no later than Friday December 14, 2018. Only candidates shortlisted for
interview will be contacted