International Community Schools, Ghana is an independent co-educational institution based in Kumasi and Accra. We educate confident, responsible and engaged learners from pre-school through high school. Our students take the Cambridge International Exams, IGSCE and the AS/A Level Exams.
We are looking to recruit Head of Subjects in English, Math, Science, French and Homeroom teachers in the Secondary and Prep School to support our mission of educating a generation of learners who are productive members of their community for the 2018 – 2019 academic year and beyond.
Job Title: Head of Subject: Math, English, Science and French and Homeroom Teachers
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
- The Head of Subjects will lead teachers in the implementation of curriculum and instructional practices that will result in exceptional student achievement and teaching. Candidates will be responsible for the efficient running, development and performance of the department, supporting all members of the department in their responsibilities, directing, as appropriate, the work of those colleagues to ensure successful and effective teaching and learning
The Head of Mathematics is expected to:
- Model and assist teams in modifying and differentiating to meet the needs of the individual learner
- Develop innovative, non-traditional approaches to the curriculum in order to ensure appropriate access and achievement for all students
- Research, recommend and assist with implementation of methodologies and practices that lead to high student engagement and achievement
- Observe, mentor and hold team members accountable regarding best practices in instruction
- Manage the resources of the department within the limits of the delegated budget and in accordance with the school’s financial procedures
- Ensure that robust procedures are in place to monitor the quality of teaching and learning outcomes throughout the department
- Ensure that data is used effectively as a useful measure of progress
- Review examination results within the department and implement remedial action when necessary
- Hold regular meetings, formal and informal to discuss departmental matters and ensure that the department works as a team
- Be responsible for the drawing up of syllabuses/schemes of work and departmental handouts
- Cooperate with other departments in cross-curricular activities
- Cooperate with other HODS for the short and long term planning of activities for students and teachers
- Take on other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualification and Requirements
- Holds a teaching degree for the subject relevant education and preferably a master’s degree
- A successful track record in education, including at least three years of managing teachers
- Experience of Cambridge International IGCSE and AS/A level curriculum
- Experience of leading change with evidence of impact
- A passion for and deep understanding of internationalism and international education
- Excellent fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- High expectations of self and others
- Willingness to hold self and others accountable
NB: If you are internationally minded and have the desire to shape the exciting future of our school, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a cover letter, a letter of recommendation and contact of three references, who will be contacted if shortlisted. If short-listed, interviews will be conducted via Skype or in – person. All appointments are subject to interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://j.jbgh.me/154251 to apply for this job .