This job listing has expired. Click here to view the latest Government jobs in Ghana
in Greater Accra Region
Specialization Executive / Top Management
Minimum Qualification MPhil / PhD
Required Experience 10 - 15 years
The CSIR is a semi-autonomous Corporation with the mandate to pursue the implementation of Government policies on scientific research and development; encourage coordination of scientific research for the management, utilization and conservation of the natural resources of Ghana; and to advise Government on scientific and technological advances likely to be of importance to national development. Established in its present form in October 1968 as Ghana's premier S & T Research and Development organisation, the CSIR now operates under the mandate of CSIR Act 521 of 1996, which among other things, empowers it to commercialize its research activities. From its Head Office in Accra, the CSIR oversees and co-ordinates the activities of 13 research institutes spread across the country.
Job Title: Director, Institute of Industrial Research (IIR)
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
Tenure: The position is for five (5) years in the first instance, and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance on the job
Salary: The salary is attractive with fringe benefits
- Serve as the Head of the Institute and will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the Institute, and responsible to the Director-General
- Be responsible for establishing effective linkages with relevant institutions and agencies within and outside the CSIR
- Be responsible for the co-ordination of prioritised research of the Institute under the broad guidance of the Director-General
- Promote the transfer of technology to industry/agricultural business and commercialisation of research in general
- Co-ordinate research funding initiatives, and provide services and inputs to determine corporate research priorities
- Be responsible for the overall management and development of the human resource base of the Institute
Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal applicant must have:
- The PhD degree or its equivalent in the Agricultural/Biological/Physical/Engineering Sciences from a recognised University or institution.
- A Master's degree by research may be considered in exceptional cases
- Not less than 12 years experience in Research and Development (R&D), including at least 5 years of successful experience in a management position
- Distinguished research contribution as evidenced by scientific publications.
- The research output should be adjudged to be at least equivalent to that of an Associated Professor/Principal Research Scientist
- Ability to organise, direct, and co-ordinate activities within a Research institute for national development
- Good knowledge of the agencies in the relevant Sectors, as well as the ability to interact with top management in other institutions and agencies
- Proven ability to inspire research staff and supporting personnel
- Ability to generate and attract funding, both internally and externally, to support research activities
- Ability to translate policy decisions into action programmes
- Good interpersonal relations
Age Limit: The candidate should not be more than 55 years
How to apply
Full Curriculum Vitae including names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be a person under whom the applicant has studied, and another under whom the applicant has worked) should be sent to:
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION
CSIR HEAD OFFICE
P. O. BOX M.32
Applications may also be sent in person to the CSIR Head Office, located off Agostino Neto Road, (opposite Chinese Embassy) Airport Residential Area, Accra.
Candidates should request their referees to send their Confidential Reports to the above address
This job listing has expired, you can no longer apply.